- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by preparing the fennel. Remove any damaged outer layers and cut off the tough base of the bulb. Slice the fennel bulb in half from top to bottom, and then slice each half into very thin slices, either by hand or using a mandoline.
- Next, thinly slice the red onion and add it to the fennel in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, and chopped mint leaves until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mint vinaigrette over the fennel and onion mixture, and toss the salad until all of the ingredients are evenly coated in the dressing.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the fennel slaw immediately, or cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
This fennel slaw with mint vinaigrette is a refreshing and delicious side dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!
Fennel Slaw With Mint VinaigretteCourse: Fennel SlawCuisine: Fennel Slaw With Mint VinaigretteDifficulty: Easy
Experience the crispness of fennel and the invigorating essence of mint in this refreshing Fennel Slaw with Mint Vinaigrette. A perfect blend of flavours and textures in just one bite.
1 large fennel bulb
1/2 small red onion
2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced fennel and red onion.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, and mint leaves.
- Pour the dressing over the fennel and onion mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.